Beyer Boys' technicians receive the highest level of industry training
Our total technical workforce is N.A.T.E. certified (North American Technical Excellence).
These technicians are dispatched from a highly automated call facility with GPS equipped trucks, ensuring our response time is second to none.
To become a part of the Beyer Boys team, see our current job openings:
All applications must be completed here in the office ( 4711 Broom St. )
Applicants must have a valid drivers license.
The Residential Service Technician derives his authority from and is directly responsible to the Residential Service Manager. He will be under the direct supervision of the Residential Service Manager and/or Service Dispatcher
Responsibilities & Duties
The Residential Service Technician is responsible for repairs to mechanical and controls of heating, refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment sold or serviced by the company. He is responsible for maintaining the quality of his work up to acceptable company standards, and for representing the company to the customer in a professional manner that promotes good long term relationships.
The Residential Service Technician is specifically responsible for the following:
- To be courteous, neat, clean, and in uniform on the job.
- To complete necessary repairs and maintenance in a professional & profitable manner to the best of his ability.
- To ask for help if problem cannot be found within a reasonable length of time (usually 1 hour for Residential) after arrival.
- Adhere to proper procedures in the use of paperwork (time cards, work orders,return material tags, etc.) and Electronic devices. Input accurate information utilizing the PDA or other electronic devices regarding Service Repair, Preventive Maintenance and Construction repair before leaving the job.
- To collect C.O.D. payments from customers according to service department policy.
- Keeping the dispatcher informed at all times as to where he is, where he has been, where he is going. To report to dispatcher upon completion of of each job and at the beginning and end of each day, and to notify the dispatcher of parts needed for completion of a job.
- Service truck inventory is to be maintained according the standard service truck inventory list.
- Maintain and protect company assigned tools, reporting any deficiencies to the Residential Service Manager.
- To be responsible for his vehicle organization & appearance, both inside and out, and report any vehicle mechanical problems to the vehicle maintenance coordinator.
- Input/edit all model, serial numbers, and filters for customer location.
- To report to the service dispatcher when he will not be working. Ample notice must be given.
- Coordinating with the Residential Service Manager or Service Dispatcher in matters that he feels are beyond his authority or ability to handle.
- To be available for after-hours emergency service, according to the on-call schedule or as Residential Service Manager feels necessary, based on business needs.
- Commit to involving customers in company service agreement programs.
- Promotes sales of new equipment, service repair and HVAC controls.
- Follow EPA and company CFC policies.
- Responsible for the purchase, upkeep and replacement of personal hand tools, meters, and other specialized tools required to perform job duties.
- Follow all rules and guidelines listed in employee handbook.
- Perform any other duties Residential Service Manager or Service Dispatcher deems necessary.
Education, Knowledge & Skills Required or Desirable
- High School diploma. Trade school or equivalent.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Previous experience troubleshooting electrical, refrigerant and mechanical systems.
- Experience in refrigeration pipe fitting and installation.
- Good mechanical skills required.
- Ability to perform their job in a neat, professional manner.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively with customers- or good communication skills.
- Must complete a minimum of (30) hours of continuing education annually.
- Must have a minimum Type I and II C.F.C. certification.
- Must be able to work with step ladders and extension ladders. Not afraid of heights.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds above your waist.
- Must be registered with the State of Texas Licensing and Regulations.
The basic function of this position is to act in the best interest of Beyer Plumbing Co. and self in scheduling service and maintaining of proper customer relations.
- Answer service phone, take calls, evaluate urgency, and schedule accordingly.
- Understand the needs and personalities of all Beyer customers and vendors.
- Issue purchase orders to service employees in the field as needed.
- Assist plumbers in the field with information as they need it, such as ordering parts for jobs and technical information when it is important.
- Ensure plumbers turn in all invoices and other paperwork related to each completed call.
- Check all invoices daily, along with all monies, to be processed for payment.
- Process all invoices in a timely manner. All invoices for a certain month must be billed as you assist in the closing of the month by the 5th.
- Processing service work orders and data entry of work performed and materials used into the companies OnePlus computerized dispatch and accounting system.
- Ensure PM Commercial accounts are completed each month.
- Process warranty claims with supplier for customers.
- At the time our Beyer Protection Plan Agreements are up for renewal, assist in sending out renewal invoices to customers, when the customer renews, process payment and update customer account to reflect renewal of agreement.
- Assist in processing credit card payments for service work orders.
- Be able to deal with customers in a professional manner to handle complaints & resolve problems.
- Answer the phone by the 2nd ring.
• High school diploma or the equivalent
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to handle difficult customers professionally
• Ability to represent Beyer Plumbing in a professional manner with customers, vendors, staff
and the general public
• Accurately enter data into the computer
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages
competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
• Work well with others and communicate with customers and employees clearly
• Computer literate. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications is desirable.
• Self-starter and the ability to work without close supervision.
This position works in a standard office environment. The office environment is controlled and
maintained in a safe manner. Adherence to Safety Policy is vital.
The physical demands for this position are light. Must be able to use standard office equipment
such as telephone, computer, files, copier, etc. Occasionally lift/carry items up to 30 lbs.
Self motivated and able to handle rapidly changing priorities and several tasks simultaneously.
Must be able to respond to difficult situations with customers and co-workers with high level of
professionalism. Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors and co-workers. Must be
able to follow safety guidelines at all times. Must have ability to manage and lead effectively.
Always have a good attitude for the best customer service. Even when in a bad mood.
Communicates and interacts with employees on all levels in the office. Sets an example for
employees in the company.
External Relationships :
The title will have high level of contact with customers and vendors, and will be required to
maintain professional communication and appearance at all times during work hours.
Must be at least 21 years old.
Valid drivers license.
Available to work