Here in South Texas our weather patterns can make staying comfortable indoors a real challenge. Fans can complement your cooling system, and there are several reasons to choose ceiling fans over free-standing or window-mounted types. Ceiling fans save space, and they’re much more aesthetically pleasing. But their biggest advantage is that they work more efficiently to circulate air throughout a room, whether alone or in conjunction with your air-conditioning and heating system.
Use ceiling fans instead of air conditioning:
- They are much cheaper to operate than air conditioning, using roughly the same amount of energy as a 100-watt light bulb.
- They maximize use of natural ventilation when the weather permits.
- Run your fans counter-clockwise to effectively create a breeze that can make you feel several degrees cooler.
- Since fans don’t actually cool the air (rather, the drafts they create simply makes the room’s occupants feel cooler), be sure to turn them off in unoccupied rooms to save energy and money.
Use ceiling fans to enhance air conditioning
- Using a ceiling fan in conjunction with your air-conditioning system allows you to use your A/C much less, and at lower energy levels, thereby reducing cooling costs by up to 40 percent.
- Using a ceiling fan allows you to set your thermostat four degrees Fahrenheit higher without reducing your home’s comfort, which saves money.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Beyer Boys services San Antonio, TX. To get started, see our special offers.